What could be sweeter than a bowl of tasty snow ice cream to enliven a winter day? It’s a fun activity for kids, and adults who occasionally act like kids. That would be me.
- In large bowl, mix 1 cup cream/milk/nut-milk (your choice) with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Place in fridge while you collect fresh, clean snow. (Or gather snow first and keep chilled in a chest freezer or a lidded container outside)
- Scooping in only a few cups at a time, add snow to the milk/sugar/vanilla mixture, combining well until it reaches the consistency of ice cream. Add more sugar if preferred. Don’t over-work it or the snow will melt too fast, making snow slush (which is still good as a snow smoothie).
- Add chocolate or crushed peppermints for flavoring.
- For a shortcut, substitute eggnog or vanilla creamer for the milk mixture. Add extra sugar if desired.
- For sorbet, substitute pureed peaches, or other pureed fruit, for the milk mixture. Add sugar if a sweeter dessert is preferred.
- This mixture gets slushy or icy if stored, so eat it fresh. You can gather extra snow to keep handy for more ice cream in the following days.
“Take life into your own hands and make it happen. It’s your life; Lead it!”
Follow this Cosmic Gathering blog to automatically receive future posts! (click on the blue in the right-hand column on this page)
Ellie’s Latest Book: PATHWALKER (see side bar —–>)
Review: … This is the BEST non-fiction book I have read in years. I could not put it down! The story is super engaging, Eleni, the main character, is so wise and inspiring. The story of a community based on deep respect, for the earth, for nature, and for each other, gives me hope in these times of corruption, chaos and extreme unrest… more reviews
Ellie Note: Any ads inserted below this article are advertisements selected by WordPress to support their free blogs, which I fully appreciate. The ads do not necessarily represent me or my works.