What’s a recipe doing here? I love baking, people enjoy some of my recipes, and I think enjoying treats together is a soulful experience. So from time to time (maybe more often when I am so inspired) I’ll include a recipe. Maybe healthy, maybe not, but always family and friend tested.
Do you hold off baking cookies because it takes too long or requires too many ingredients? Try this nutritious, simple cookie recipe. Not so good if you are allergic to nuts – I’ll have recipes for you in the future.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Approximately 1/8 cup flour – use only if needed to add body. Use whatever type you prefer – wheat, oat, amaranth, almond, coconut, or your choice. How much you use will depend upon the brand of peanut butter and type of flour used. If batter is runny, gradually add small portions of flour until it reaches the consistency of regular cookie dough. Hint: I bake one batch first to observe; if they spread out too much add more flour.
- Optional: Work into the final batter: more crunchies or chewies such as raisins, chopped pecans, chopped sugared ginger, candied fruit, chocolate chips, M & M’s … be creative.
- ? I think you could use any other nut butter, adding chopped nuts and more flour if the batter is too thin. I’ve not tried it yet, but I’ve substituted other nut butters for peanut butter in many recipes and it came out great.
- Form dough into balls
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Slightly flatten with fork (or leave as-is for cookie balls)
- Bake 350 degrees F
- Bake 7-11 minutes – until top is slightly crusty. Cookies will finish baking as they cool down.
- Warning – after tasting these and seeing how simple they are to make, you will wish you had made a double batch!
Want support on your life journey? Ellie is available for personal and spiritual mentoring. She assists you to clear the unwanted, connect with higher levels of consciousness, alternate life readings, resolve stuck circumstances, surmount obstacles, shift and stabilize your view of life into a positive zone, connect with your Divine nature, and become the valued Being you came to be.
Clients experience no judgment, only new clarity and empowerment! For more information: http://www.CosmicGathering.com. Consults are available in person, on phone or via Skype.